Sunday 25 October 2009

Day 91 - Hoi An

21.10.09

I have a fitting for one of the shirts at 10am, so I get up early and have a walk around town and end up ordering another two. I now have 4 shirts, all from different places on order. My aim is to compare quality and then possibly get some more stuff made if it's all good. The shirt is nice and the cut is good, They put normal cuffs instead of double cuffs and it's slightly too tight, so I get them to change it and while there I obviously end up ordering more... 30 mins later and I'm measured up for a blue 3 piece navy suit. I head around to my other fittings during the day and by night fall I am the proud owner of 4 bespoke shirts and a 3 piece. The shirts vary in quality and the three shirts from expensive tailors are better than the shirt from the cheaper tailor, unfortunately I also got my suit made in the cheaper tailor as it was half the price of the expensive one. It's not horrendous, but it has some problems and the lining isn't properly set in the jacket so it doesn't glide on unfortunately. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to save my money and not splurge on clothes here as the quality is below what you would get at home, although it is still so cheap it is probably worth it.









No comments:

Post a Comment