Monday 12 October 2009

Day 81 - Kunming

11.10.09

Beautiful lie in until 10am and slowly meandering out of bed and into the shower, all in all I'm out of the hostel at a very unrespectable midday for what will be my last full day in China, but I feel refreshed. I have nothing to do today really, apart from do a bit of planning for my onward travels, and I have decided to head straight to Hanoi and have some Vietnamese fun. I head over to the University district with it's many swish and fancy cafes, shops, restaurants and a shop that stocks English language books. 5 mins of quick browsing and I pick up a guidebook for Vietnam for 240Y, to put this into perspective I am currently paying 35Y per night in accommodation, can get a large meal for less than 10Y and a 500ml bottle of beer costs about 3-5Y. I guess they just know their market and that tourists will pay for the privilege to know about something before they get there.

After my big spending I head over to a tea shop and buy some Pu'er tea, famously made in Yunnan and what I sampled a few days before in Lijiang. I get to sit down and sample some of the teas and over the course of an hour or so I buy two Pu'ers, a green tea, and a Ku(bitter) tea, I'm quite sure I've not been duped as the teas are lovely, well worth the buy and I have enough to last for ages. Internet cafe in to the evening to see if I can finally get this blog up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment