Monday 12 October 2009

Day 80 - Kunming

10.10.09

We all get up apart from Ilya who is stay another day and head off to Tiger Leaping Gorge tomorrow, to catch our morning transport in very different directions. Michel is going to the airport to fly north east and to Chengdu, Chen is going north west(ish) to Shangri-la and I'm heading off south east to Kunming. It's another goodbye to some great people and again it's sad to say goodbye to people you meet along the way. You can form good friendships considering you eat, travel, sleep and explore all with the same people and spend more or less all of your time with them. The journey to Kunming is an average 9 hours or so and over the course of the 500km the weather gets hotter and hotter and I am no longer in the relative cool of China's highlands. The city is relatively small for China's standards and seems quite relaxed and green, with it's tree lined roads and laid back atmosphere.

A bit of shopping and I buy some new headphones as my Heathrow £40 duty free pair have broke down, Gutted! Also to the global firm that is the giant Walmart plonked in the middle of Kunming. It's heaven as I love strolling around the Chinese super markets at home and this is like one massive house party, if I was back home I would come out with trolley loads of weird and wonderful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment