Monday 28 September 2009

Day 65 - Tagong

25.09.09

WHAM! That's the sound of a headache, backache, cold feet, cold everything, neckache, wobbly legs, congested head and feeling like I have a cold. The high altitude bus came along while I was sleeping, ran me over and didn't even phone 999. As soon as I wake up I take some pills, pack some in my bag, rehydrate like I have spent time in the desert and take it easy for the first part of the morning. I try and drink lots of green tea in the hope that's it herbal qualities will aid my aclimitasation and eventually I start to feel better, although I think it's just the pain killers.

Today we take a walk to Jomo Gompa, which is supposed to be about 2 hours away on foot. We get so far along the road and then take a detour onto a path following a stream past herds of yaks. We all know this is not the main way to the Gompa, but hopefully it will end up being the scenic route.









The lesson of t
oday is that my body is not fond of high places and when it comes to altitude I think it bails quite early.

No comments:

Post a Comment