Wednesday 9 September 2009

Day 46 - Wulingyuan National Park, Zhangjiajie

06.09.09

I get up at about 5am, jump in the shower and trek over to the top of Tianbo Mansion, which is one of the peaks in the park, my aim to catch sunrise. I don't see a soul in the whole park except for my trusty canine friend who somehow manages to find me and follows me again, except running ahead as if to check out the path for me and make sure it is safe. The scenery in the morning twilight is beautiful and it's phenomenal to have the whole place to my self. It would normally cost an extra 20 Yuan to get to the top of the peak, but no one is up yet to take the money.


After my peak expedition I am so paranoid about missing my train, that I hot tail it funky power walker style down to the entrance of the park and end up being 4 hours early for my train. The guy from Guangzhou writes a message out in Chinese characters for me asking the train attendant if there are any beds free that I can upgrade to, as when I bought my ticket there were only hard seats left and I really don't fancy a 14 hour journey on Chinese train hard seats. Once on board though, all is fine and the seats are actually very comfortable and not too hard at all, it must be a south China thing, as in the north the hard seats are horrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment