Tuesday 25 August 2009

Day 21 - Harbin, Shenyang

12.08.09


Today is my second inter city journey in China and I am off to a place called Shenyang. Again I leave plenty of time to get to the bus station and leave feeling fresh and ready for the journey. I walked from the station on the first day and walked back there to get my tickets, so I figure I can do the same again an

d decide to walk to the station.


Taking the same route as I did before I of course get lost, walk around in circles and end up further away from the station then when I started. I end up taking a taxi, arrive at the bus station as my bus is getting ready to leave and throw all my bags in the hold, which leaves me with a six hour journey with nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs and watch the latest Rambo film dubbe

d over in Chinese on the buses TV screens.


Shenyang turns out to be another massive city with some ingenious architecture around the bus station. I walk for about an hour to get to my hostel and check into a single room for £10 a night, my first choice cheap dorm room was unavailable. I decide to nail a few sights in the afternoo

n and hit the Imperial Palace, which is a small scale Forbidden City and is the second best example of it's type in the country.


I also take a walk to the train station to get my onward train tickets to Shanhaiguan.


I manage to pick them up pretty effortlessly and the queues are a lot less than they were in Harbin.



No comments:

Post a Comment