Saturday 31 October 2009

Day 99 - Mui Ne

29.10.09

Playing lazy buggers, I get out of bed at midday and decide to walk to the far end of town and see the rest of the Mui Ne strip. The place is basically one road that follows the beach and as I walk along, I realise that it isn't really a backpacker/traveler place and the amount of seriously nice and high class resorts definitely puts the place up at the top end. Some of the places look phenomenal and I definitely want to come back one year and live it up in one of the nice resorts.

My indulgence of last night has sown the seed of the splurge in me and so I end up donning my Green Flash trainers, a Flash Gordon t shirt and my flashpack and going for lunch at Cham Villas. Cham Villas classes it self as a Boutique Luxury Resort and consists of 16 luxury villas in 9000m2 of tropical gardens with a 60m private beach, average. Sitting in their restaurant listening to light jazz and lounge music, sipping on glasses of Chardonnay was quite nice, although they probably wondered what I was doing walking in wearing my swimming trunks a pair of walking sandals and an old green t-shirt. The seal on my last few days of living it up has been broken and I don't want to think about what tomorrow will entail.

No comments:

Post a Comment