Friday 30 October 2009

Day 97 - Nha Trang, Mui Ne

27.10.09

Up at a still dark 4.30 and I pack my bags and am ready and on the beach at 5.30am ready to catch the sunrise, which I'm hoping will be worth the early effort. It appears I have arrived to the beach late, not because of the sunrise, but because the beach is the most rammed that I have seen it so far. There are Vietnamese people exercising, swimming in the sea, playing football, pacing up and down the beach and basically just doing their normal morning exercise routines, but just amazingly early. By the time it hits 7-ish they will all be gone and the beach will be empty again until all us tourists rise up out of bed and get down there. It's such an unexpected sight to see them all up and about so early, but is quite cool, and the sunrise, my whole reason for being up so early was nice as well.

At 6.30, my bus leaves for Mui Ne and it pulls into the one road town around 1-ish. Mui Ne, is a small town on an epic stretch of beach that must be at least 9 miles long and forms a huge circular arc. The town is mainly located at one end and then a road leads around the beach all the way to the far end and is dotted with small resorts and hotels with beach side bungalows that are literally on the beach. I walk for about 40 mins along the beach to the hotel where Clare and Lee are staying and get my $10 room which is all of 15 seconds walk from the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment