Tuesday 20 October 2009

Day 87 - Ha Long Bay, Cat Ba Island

17.10.09

Today we start with Kayaking at a bright 6.30am. Although we are only traveling around the same area we are anchored at, it's nice to see the rock formations up close and at water level, it also serves as a brilliant work out. We have breakfast and are shortly dropped off at Cat Ba Island which sits in the middle of the bay, maybe an hour or so away from the coast via boat. It's a reasonably big island and the first port of call is a hike to one of it's peaks, which affords some good pictures and it's like walking through a proper jungle. Next we are dropped off at our hotel, which is in a small bay about 3km away from the main Cat Ba town. I end up having tea with one of the shop keepers for some reason as they see me walking around and try to sell me something, to which I give them a smile and a "no thank you" and then I am invited to sit down. I go back a couple of hours later with my own flower tea from China, which seems to impress them no end and they are very thankful.

In the early afternoon I have a walk around to Cat Ba town and then around to the beaches and am greeted by warm water, beautiful scenery and an almost deserted golden sand beach. No more needs to be said.







No comments:

Post a Comment