Saturday 10 October 2009

Day 77 - Shangri-la

07.10.09

Today I'm going to try and extend my visa, apparently Shangri-la is the place to get it done. It should be more or less on the spot, as opposed to other places which can take 3-5 days. I'm camped outside the office at 9am and pick up my forms and am told to come back in the afternoon to get it finalised after they have done their checks. Alan left early in the morning, leaving me, Michel and Ilya to go for a wander, but Ilya isn't ready so it's just my bearded Latin friend, we have a walk around the Gompa overlooking the old town with it's colossal prayer wheel, definitely built for the tourist industry and then rendezvous with Ilya for a BBQ skewer lunch. The afternoon sees my visa extension processed at the speed of light and I walk away with another months stay in China and only 16 quid lighter (Much better than the 100+ it cost me to get it in the UK)








The development of the day happens when I check my email in the evening and find that I have a message from Procter and Gamble about my start date and my brand. To my humongous surprise and colossal shock, my start date isn't next year around February or March like I thought it was, but is in fact now on the 1st December, with my brand Salon Professional. That puts a massive spanner in the works as I don't want come back to the UK at the end of November for literally two days and then head straight over to Geneva in December. My Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand mission now needs some serious thought and planning as I don't have time to complete it all. I have around 3 or 4 weeks or travelling left, time to get some planning on the go and decide my next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment