Wednesday 29 July 2009

Day 2 - Moscow

24.07.09

Moscow sights in a day!

Yesterday we took a whizz around some of the mahor sights in the evening and today we will finish what we started and then jump on a train in the middle of the night for a 3335km journey across Russia to Novosibirsk.






Today we see the Red Square and all the classic tourist sights. We take a trip on the Metro, the stations are amazing and put any underground station I've ever seen to shame. They are grand and have arches and decorative work and you think you are in some kind of great hall, not pubilc transport.


Slava is such a great host and he makes me feel so at home. He tried to give me an african mask as a gift but realised I wouldn't be able to transport it all over on my travels, so I have a some food and some Russian antiseptic liquid which you can also use to oxygenate your skin and on open wounds to stop the bleeding, I think it is from the military. It also turns out that he was in the Russian form of the SAS and now works in security. Handy guy.


He gives us a breifing on safety on the train and how to behave and different points on staying safe. He says I need to have a manly assertive posture about the way I walk in Russia and especially on the train to avoid being bothered.



We get on the train to Novosibirsk and start our epic journey at 12.30am. 3 nights and 2 days across Russia and 3 time zones. Epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment